10 days in Paris | ROKSANDA Pre Fall 17

From the 18th to 28th of January, I was fortunate enough to spend ten days in the incredible city that is Paris. Eight of those ten days were spent in the incredible ROKSANDA showroom and the other two days spent exploring Paris, in all it's finery.


Having arrived in late on Wednesday, I went for dinner with friends, Laura and Ronan and had a lovely catch up. Thursday, the exploring began, with Palais Royal and Pyramide du Louvre, I then ventured into the Musee du Louvre, where I finally witnessed masterpieces such as the Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo and Cimabue's Maesta, which I remember all to well from school art examinations.


Thursday night, I moved onto my home for the rest of the week at Katie's, who I was fortunate enough to have made an amazing friend in, since my first internship in London at GILES. It was Katie, who recommended me for the opportunity to intern at the ROKSANDA showroom and I'm forever indebted.


So Friday brought the first day in the showroom, the usual first day nerves included. We spent the day setting up the new showroom, so lots of lifting, arranging and organising, proving quite worth it, for the stunning showroom we had for the remainder of the week. It wasn't long before everyone had settled in, with a team as friendly and sweet as they were, it would be impossible to not feel at home!


 From Saturday through to Thursday, we spent the week greeting clients from stores from all around the world, as well as assisting with the buying appointments, dressing models, merchandising the showroom and getting to work with the incredible ROKSANDA Pre-Fall 17 Collection. After the last appointment on Thursday, we bagged the garments, packed up the showroom and filled up the lorries to finish a hectic week.


 If I'm honest, I didn't want the week to end, as it meant I'd be returning to the farm, which as you may imagine isn't exactly my ideal setting. As well as that, I was sad to be leaving a team as sweet as this one. As an intern, the most you can possibly ask for is to be comfortable in your role and to enjoy the work and the team and this was no exception. As busy as the week was at times, it was extremely enjoyable from start to finish and one I look forward to repeating in the future!


Every night after work, myself and Katie got ourselves into a tradition of the cheesiest of movies, as well as finally starting to watch 'Gossip Girl', which has now become an addiction! Friday was my last full day in Paris, so me being me, I made a list of the main sights I was determined to see!


So with a quick revisit through Palais Royal and passing the Pyramide du Louvre, I proceeded through the Jardins du Tulleries, where I witnessed the iconic setting from 'The Devil Wears Prada' at Place de la Concorde. From then on, I proceeded up the Champs-Élysées to the l'Arc de Triomphe. I climbed the dizzying staircase to the top to witness a remarkable view of the city and a rather pointy Eiffel Tower.


After l'Arc, I carried on to the Jardins du Trocadero for a close up view of the Eiffel Tower. After taking nearly a hundred photos, I wandered back along the Seine to where I came from. While Katie was still in college, I decided to take on the unknowingly mammoth challenge of exploring Galleries Lafayette, (note to anyone who has never been, don't go when tired/hungry/short of time) so after a brief visit I left, with definite intentions of returning again in the future. I then went to Parsons, Katie's school, to get a personal tour, which undeniably left me jealous of their sparkling new facilities and campus. We left Parsons and then headed home but... well... eh, how better to celebrate an unforgettable week than with some permanent ink, eh?


Friday night, my last night in Paris, was undoubtedly going to involve some celebrations and the perfectly timed celebrating of Laura's birthday provided a great reason to do so! Saturday morning, I reluctantly packed up the unnecessarily excessive luggage that I brought and parted with a new city and with one of the most amazing people I've ever known, but thankfully I knew I wasn't going to be away from either for too long!


 Since my ten days in Paris, I've booked flights to return again for another week in the ROKSANDA showroom for the AW17 collection at the start of March. Before then, I'll be spending a week in London for London Fashion Week, working in the Gareth Pugh Studio once again and possibly the ROKSANDA studio too! Very excited for the next few weeks! Feedback welcome, as always! 

 Thanks,

Barry T.

Feel free to follow me on:
Twitter: Baarold
Instagram: barryt95
Tumblr: barryharryt
Pinterest: barryt95




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

  1. well done! write more and detailed, SVP ))). Interesting to read. Nataliya

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing My Store On RedBubble

London Life | The Official Move

Paris & London | A Month of Madness