Red Carpet Review: The Golden Globes 2015

It's been a while since I've done a Red Carpet Review.. but we're coming into award season again so be prepared for quite a few in the next few weeks.

The 72nd Golden Globes were hosted live from the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills on last Sunday, the 11th of January. The Red Carpet brought many beautiful gowns and some not so beautiful. Keep reading to see a few of my Best and Worst Choices from the night.

So first up... The Best Dressed.

There's no denying, and I think a lot of people will agree that Kate Hudson looked amazing on the red carpet. In a stunning white Atelier Versace gown accessorised with Forevermore jewels and a Jimmy Choo clutch. I think the whole appearance is beautiful but her figure has a hell of a lot to do with how amazing she looked. Ms. Hudson's figure is to die for, she worked a plunging V neckline along with some side torso on show, she obviously works hard for that body and she earned her place as one of the best dressed at the Golden Globes 2015.

Next up, Jennifer Lopez in a fabulous Zuhair Murad Haute Couture piece along with Lorraine Schwarts jewels and a Jimmy Choo clutch. Once again, a very important factor to pulling off this look was J-Lo's figure, she's always been known for being in good shape and this red carpet appearance is a perfect example of that. With an extremely high slit up her thigh and a deep plunging neckline, it was a risky enough choice but she owned it. Everytime I see J-Lo, she always amazes me, her face is timeless, the definition of ageing gracefully.


Emily Blunt was a mega contender for me, even though I think my first two choices looked the most impressive. Emily Blunt's custom made Michael Kors gown was definitely my favourite piece from the whole night. A beautiful Greek-like gown accompanied with Lorraine Schwarts jewellery, creating an elegantly simple and stunning look.

Emma Stone pulled out all the stops at the Golden Globes. It takes a lot of confidence to work a pants piece on the red carpet as a woman. A stunning jewelled jumpsuit with a black sash and bow as a feature piece on the back with Christian Louboutin heels. A controversial outfit that some people loved and some people hated but for me it was definitely up there, as one of the best dressed.




Choosing Best Dressed Man of the Golden Globes was simple for me. Eddie Redmayne in this velvet Gucci suit and a Chopward watch. 'The Theory of Everything' star took a risk, going for a suede suit, but he was definitely fit to pull it off.

A few more of my favourite looks of the night:

Jennifer Anniston in Saint Laurent.
Lupita Nyong'o in Giambattista Valli Haute Couture and Chopard jewels.
Anna Kendrick in Monique Lhuillier. 
Chrissy Teigen in Zuhair Murad.



Now for the Worst Dressed.

My worst dressed of the night I think has to go to Lana Del Rey in this vintage Travilla dress, vintage shoes, a Ferragamo clutch and XIV Karats Diamonds. This look couldn't be more wrong, with mixture of era's embodied between her hair and her dress and an over powering image of a mermaid. I literally couldn't deal with her. Just no.

Next up Keira Knightley, I'm so sad that she's featuring in my worst dressed as she's normally one of my faves, but this custom Chanel piece is just so wrong. Apparently it took 30 people to make this in one week and to be honest, they just shouldn't have bothered. I honestly don't mind the butterfly embellishments but the frilly layers at the top and bottom are just way to much. A lot of people are giving her the excuse, that she's pregnant, but there is absolutely no reason why she couldn't have owned the carpet with a baby bump.

Finally, the last person that didn't really impress me was Amal Clooney. In Dior Haute Couture with Harry Winston jewels, the gown itself is quite beautiful but my biggest issue is the white gloves. Just why!! She probably could have got away with black gloves, but these hideous white gloves just throw me back to 101 dalmatians and the sinister Cruella De Vil.

Photo Credit: Getty Images

That's all for this post, hope you liked it. Feel free to follow my blog and share this post. Any feedback is always welcome. What was your Best & Worst dressed of the night?

Thanks for reading,
Barry Taylor

Feel free to follow me on:
Twitter: baarold
Instagram: barryt95
Tumblr: barryharryt
Pinterest: barryt95


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing My Store On RedBubble

London Life | The Official Move

Paris & London | A Month of Madness