Red Carpet Review: The Grammy's 2015

Award season is well and truly upon us... and it's Grammy time. Easily in the top 3 of my favourite award shows, if not my favourite. Like come on, music, fashion and Beyoncé all combined.. perfection.

Speaking of Beyoncé, she has received more Grammy nominations than any other female artist, with 53 nominations. Bow. Down.


Results are in, Queen B walked away with 'Best R&B Performance', 'Best R&B Song' and 'Best Surround Sound Album' and Sam Smith collected 4 Grammys, including 'Best New Artist'.

What: The 57th Grammy Awards
When: February 8th, 2015
Where: Staples Centre, Los Angeles, California

Down to business, first up The Ladies...

Best Dressed:

I'm going to kick this off with Taylor Swift wearing this stunning curtain skirted Elie Saab half mini/half gown piece accompanied with magenta pink Giuseppe Zanotti sandals and Lorraine Schwartz jewellery. Possibly my favourite piece of the night, I love the ombre mixture of green, teal and blue tones in the fabric with matching Lorraine Schwartz earrings contrasting with the magenta sandals

Next up, Katy Perry, another fave from the night. Now it goes without saying that Katy's hair stole the show in terms of her appearance, her bold purple move definitely paid off. However, this sheer crystal embellished Zuhair Murad piece is absolutely stunning and really completed the look.


Now sometimes this pains me to admit, but I'm not sure if Kim K can do wrong. The reality star strolled up in this stunning gold and silver Jean Paul Gautier piece. The heavily embellished coat-come-dress cleverly draped around, leaving Kardashian-West with a plunging neckline and high thigh slit. However, it has been reported that just before Kim K stepped onto the red carpet, one of the pockets had fallen off, which had to be stitched and pinned back on, there and then.

Next up, my one and only Beyoncé, in a long sleeve Proenza Schouler piece. Personally, I like to consider Beyoncé, the Queen of Sheer, she always makes it work, revealing just the right amount of skin, with respect and modesty but also with style and glamour too.


Chrissy Tiegen may have came as John Legend's +1... but she stole all the attention. In this beautiful white Emilio Pucci piece, Chrissy shows off her stunning swimsuit model body, highlighted by the curves in the design along with Norman Silverman jewellery, Jimmy Choo Sandals and a Giuseppe Zanotti clutch.

Jessie J turned up in this sexy black Ralph & Russo number with semi sheer black fabric and floral embellishments along with a sleeked back hair style, Jessie J owned it.


Atelier Versace knew what was going on, when these next two pieces were being designed.

Gwen Stefani's looked amazing in this Versace jumpsuit with sculptural structures, a breath of fresh air for the Grammy Carpet.

Ariana wore a stunning Versace piece also, featuring asymmetry and silver chainmail, she looked absolutely beautiful with her stereotypical high ponytail to complete.


Rihanna is where the '?' lies. I'm still uncertain to how I feel, no disrespect to Giambattista Valli for this haute couture dress, but I just don't know. If I'm completely honest, it all depended on the photography. For example the photo below, where RiRi spins, it looks magical but realistically I'm not sure if it's ideal for the Grammy Red Carpet, taking up three seats during the award ceremony. But for now it will stay in my Best Dressed list, because you can't help but smile when you see it, a real life Disney princess.


Worst Dressed:

Now these two were no brainers for me. As soon as I seen them, I was horrified.
I can't even bring myself to go into details, as a lover of Moschino, it kills me to say it, but just no.
And Madonna, really? just go home.

Charlie XCX - Moschino.
Madonna - Givenvcy



Finally, onto The Gentlemen.
This one was simple for me, two men in particular, were heads above the rest for me.

Best Dressed:

Now Mr Pharrell Williams has come to be known as a bit of show stopper when it comes to these award ceremonies and this year was no different. Wearing this Adidas 3M jacket and shorts which appeared to be silver, but when photographed appeared blindingly white, Pharrell definitely caught our attention with his colour changing show.

Nick Jonas strolled up in a grey Versace suit with bright yellow plaid details and white sneakers. I admit I love the suit, the yellow details just bring the suit to life and really add some excitement to what would have been just another suit. However, the white sneakers just didn't do it for me. Nearly Nick, but not just quite.



That's all for my review of the Grammys Red Carpet, hope you liked. Let me know if you agreed or disagreed with my choices, I'd love to hear. Next up is a review of the BAFTA Red Carpet. Feel free to share this post and follow me on BlogLovin.

Thanks,
Barry T

Feel free to follow me on:
Twitter: baarold
Instagram: barryt95
Tumblr: barryharryt
Pinterest: barryt95

Photo Credit:
Getty Images: 
Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen, Ariana Grande, Gwen Stefani, Charlie XCX, Madonna, Pharrell Williams, Nick Jonas

Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP:
Beyoncé, Jessie J

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing My Store On RedBubble

London Life | The Official Move

Paris & London | A Month of Madness