V FESTIVAL | Hylands Park, Chelmsford


This time, seven days ago, I was on my way back from the most incredible weekend at V Festival, in Hyland's Park, Chelmsford. After camping for three nights and seeing acts such as Troye Sivan, Lukas Graham and Zara Larsson as well as Sia, Justin Bieber and last night's VMA, Michael Jackson Vanguard Award winner Rihanna, it goes without say that the weekend was destined to be a good one.


A photo posted by barryt95 (@barryt95) on

If you follow me on Facebook, you'll have seen, I somehow managed to whittle down my 600+ photos/videos to around 140 for a Facebook photo album and over the last two days, I've been clogging up my Instagram timeline with some of my highlights. All photos and clips in this post are from my Instagram, if you wanna see more, you can find them here: barryt95.


A photo posted by barryt95 (@barryt95) on

I set off on Friday morning to meet Blaithin in Windsor, where we went on to meet Kelly and Grainne and head off on the road towards Chelmsford. On a pitstop, not to far from Hyland's Park, we bumped into Sam Callahan from X Factor 2013 and of course a snapchat was taken! We continued onwards to V Festival, where, after a long trek with multiple bags, we set up camp in the Red Camping Zone. Friday night brought Radio One with their Summer of Dance set to the MTV Stage, the perfect warm up to a great weekend. Fearing a pretty miserable weather forecast, we were a bit apprehensive, but the odds were in our favour over the weekend, with most of the rain happening while we tucked away in our tents!



Saturday began with a slight hiccough, with an unexpected delay when queuing to enter the Main Arena, but it was smooth sailing after that. First stop was Jonas Blue at the Dance Tent, followed by James Morrison at the main Virgin Stage and then Zara Larsson at the MTV Stage. Jess Glynne then took to the Virgin Stage followed by Bastille, but before Bastille took the stage, I left the girls and came back to the MTV Stage for Troye Sivan. There was no chance I was gonna miss him, this guy was up there alongside Bieber as my top two for the weekend and looking back I can easily say he was my favourite from the whole festival. After possibly the most amazing 35 minutes of my life, I returned to the girls for Bastille, followed by the incredible Sia and his royal highness Justin Bieber. I'm sure you probably seen the complaints and reviews after the festival, Biebs admitted to being hungover which I imagine was meant to excuse his lack of enthusiasm and effort at times, but regardless it didn't put a downer on our day.


A video posted by barryt95 (@barryt95) on


A video posted by barryt95 (@barryt95) on


A video posted by barryt95 (@barryt95) on
Sunday, we started off with Sigala on the MTV Stage, followed by Example on the Virgin Stage and then the incredible Lukas Graham back on the MTV Stage. We then made our way back to the Virgin Stage, for a quality evening of Years & Years, Little Mix and David Guetta, which we then left for the Dance Stage for an impressive Sigma, followed by Craig David. We then returned for one last time, to the Virgin Stage, for the one and only Rihanna to close the festival. All in all, I couldn't fault the weekend and if I could do it all again right now I would.


A video posted by barryt95 (@barryt95) on



A photo posted by barryt95 (@barryt95) on

That's all for this post, hope you enjoyed the clips and pics from the festival and as always any questions or feedback is more than welcome. Next post is 100% going to be VMA related, after watching the 'White' carpet live, last night, I'm very excited to review some of the performances as well as my best and worst looks from the night.



Thanks,
Barry T.


Feel free to follow me on:
Twitter: Baarold
Instagram: barryt95
Tumblr: barryharryt
Pinterest: barryt95




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing My Store On RedBubble

London Life | The Official Move

Paris & London | A Month of Madness