London Fashion Week at the Gareth Pugh Studio

Seven weeks later and I’m looking back at an incredible show at London Fashion Week, wishing I could rewind and do it all again.

After eight weeks in London, I’m back at home, just to work here for a bit, but it’s fair to say that the Gareth Pugh SS17 collection is never too far from my mind. After six weeks in the studio, I just wanted to take the opportunity to look back on an unforgettable experience.





During the time I spent at the Gareth Pugh Studio, I worked alongside an incredible team, embellishing and finishing garments, customising the shoes and producing a range of accessories for the collection consisting of bangles and chokers.

As London Fashion Week approached, the hours got longer and one week flew into the next (as expected)! The weeks prior to fashion week are always such a rush, but I thoroughly enjoy and thrive on the adrenaline coming up to a show and I couldn’t wait for it all to come together. Coming down to the final few days, studio was such a buzz, between model castings, styling and the final few looks coming together, everything was in place.




Saturday the 17th of September, we finished up the last few jobs, packed up the collection and made our way to the centre of London Fashion Week, Brewer Street Carpark. Arriving into the backstage area, hair and make up were in full swing, working on an array of incredible creations. The collection was unpacked and organised onto rails in individual areas for each model and we were all assigned our model to dress.

20 models in total
36 looks
16 changes!

17 models present
3 models yet to arrive from Simone Rocha’s show (one of which I was dressing)

Arriving very stressed and panicked, my model Jay Wright (along with the other two) ran into the dressing area, just in time to get her shoes on and do the practice run through, then straight to hair and make up, back to me to get dressed and then back to hair, to complete the look. The show began, with the most intense and apt soundtrack, creating a dark and tense atmosphere, Jay came straight back and I got her changed into her second look and within what felt like seconds, she was back again and the show was over, an absolute blur of adrenaline, pride and success!




After packing up the collection and returning it to the studio, the mandatory celebrating began. We were back in studio on the following Monday for some post show organising and arranging of deliveries to the showroom. My time at the Gareth Pugh Studio ended that Wednesday and with reluctance, I said goodbye to one of the best teams that I’ve ever worked with! It was an extremely beneficial, insightful and enjoyable six weeks where I met a lot amazing people and worked on an incredible collection. Fingers crossed, I’ll be back in the Gareth Pugh Studio before too long!

That’s all for this post, any questions about interning or the fashion week experience are more than welcome. More posts coming soon with Fashion Week Favourites from New York, London, Paris and Milan.

Thanks,

Barry T.

Feel free to follow me on:
Twitter: Baarold
Instagram: barryt95
Tumblr: barryharryt
Pinterest: barryt95


All images are sourced from Vogue Runway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing My Store On RedBubble

London Life | The Official Move

Paris & London | A Month of Madness