I'm Back..

So life well and truly took over in the last few months, but I'm back with hopefully a summer full of exciting content on the way.

Beautiful Cherry Blossom, Drumcondra, Dublin.

The last three months have been absolutely crazy, since I last posted, I landed myself an interview with an amazing fashion designer in London and somehow managed to get myself a three month internship this summer. So the hunt for accommodation in London, is well and truly underway (if anybody knows of anywhere, send it my way!) So less than a month to go, til I head off to London for three months. So excited! Lots of exciting blog content, hopefully to come from my London adventures and maybe even a possiblity of some vlogs?!? maaaaybe!



College has been hectic to say the least. Semester 2 introduced us to weave, with a three week collaborative introduction. Quite therapeutic, if I do say so myself. Below, is some satchels, with my weave samples photoshopped onto them.


After weave, we had a five week, fashion print project, I took my inspiration from LUSH bathbombs and the interaction of neons and pastels, here are some visualisations of my final outcomes.


Dye Room Sampling

Finally, our end of year project, was in collaboration with Tigerprint, a design company from England, where we had to design a stationary range. I enjoyed this one, it was nice for a change of brief. Here are my final products, inspired by the fashion studio, ranging from Magazine Files, Storages Boxes, Pencil Cases, Tote Bags, Notebooks and Laptop Cases.




Sunny Dublin 8

On the entertainment front, it's been quite an exciting few months as well. Finally got to see Mr. Olly Murs in the 3Arena, Dublin and he didn't disappoint, very cheeky but very talented. The following week, I won tickets to see McBusted in the 3Arena, which I was over the moon about, because for ages, I couldn't choose whether to book tickets for Olly or McBusted. I also seen Lord of the Dance: Dangerous Games in the 3Arena, spectacular as expected and The Field in the Gaiety Theatre which was also very impressive.


That's pretty much everything, thats happened in my life over the last fews months.... oh there's one more thing.. well I finally summed up the courage and I came out on Facebook to all my friends. Yes, you heard me right, I'm gay. I'm not gonna get into the details of it right now, but maybe another time. I had been planning on coming out for quite sometime, but for one reason or another I kept putting it off. But it was the week of the Marriage Referendum in Ireland, the day before in fact, and I decided if there was a time, that I could make a difference, it was then. I posted it for two reasons, at the time, it was a reminder for the public, that every vote counted and the results of the referendum would be life changing for so many us. But overall, it was to help people who have been struggling with their identity, to come to terms with who they are, and that no matter how difficult it gets or how horrible they feel, that everything will be ok and that there's no need to worry. So that's a very long Facebook status (over a thousand words) summarised, and maybe it's worth it's own blog post in the future, we'll see. 

The Luncheonette, NCAD, Dublin.

So that's all for this post, just wanted to let you all know, that I haven't vanished, I'm still here, back and better than ever, I hope. So excited for this summer with a lot of exciting content to come with it. Feel free to comment, share and follow me on bloglovin', you know the drill by now. I'd love to hear from you guys!


Thanks,
Barry T.

Feel free to follow me on:
Twitter: baarold
Instagram: barryt95
Tumblr: barryharryt
Pinterest: barryt95

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing My Store On RedBubble

London Life | The Official Move

Paris & London | A Month of Madness