London Life: Week 9 & 10 - Dyeing for Days, Invitations and Set Preparations!

So the last two weeks have been extremely hectic, that's why I decided to put two weeks into one post. In case you missed it, last week I posted a throwback to my favourite collections from Men's Fashion Week: Paris, Milan & New York. Anyways, here's the run down, I've worked every day bar one and the fashion week madness is kicking in. The next time I do another 'London Life' post will be in two weeks (Week 11 & 12) and by that stage this experience will be over. Less than two weeks left in this incredible city and countdown is on until the show. The looks are all coming together so fast and we've been involved in everything, on the invitations, preparation for the set design at the show along with the final looks of course. It's incredible!!

I know I've probably said this so many times by now, but I genuinely can't believe I'm here, this has been the craziest experience and I've loved every second. I've learnt so much, I've made some incredible new friends, I've explored this incredible city with every spare minute I've had and I'm so grateful. Obviously I'm looking forward to getting home, dying for some cuddles from my little cousins and a catch up with friends and family, but London definitely has not seen the last of me. I can see myself here in the future for certain. This where I need to be.

Brick Lane
________________________

WEEK 9


Monday: 
Monday was a Bank Holiday, which I only discovered the week before and with Elsie and Eimear gone back to Ireland, I had little energy and little planned for the day. So I had a great lie in and then went to meet Stacey for a cute coffee date before she headed back to Ireland.

Tuesday:
Tuesday I was back in work. We did more smocking embroidery and we had to starch some digital prints.

Southwark Cathedral

Wednesday: 
More embroidery, packed the invitation boxes and dyed gros grain for corsets.

Thursday: 
Dyed 2 metres of coutil for corsets, along with two zips.

Tate Modern

Friday: 
Dyed another large piece of coutil along with some gros grain and cut twine for the invitation scrolls.

Saturday: 
Saturday morning brought a very stressful morning with a complicated apartment move and then into work. Ironed the fabric I dyed, rolled invitations and stamped the scrolls, followed by a lovely dinner in 'The Diner' in Old Spitalfield Markets with Emma.

Sunday: 
Sunday Elsie came back to stay with me for my last two weeks, she had been lucky enough to get an internship with Temperley London and I was more than happy for her to stay with me. After she got settled in, we went to Tate Modern, Southbank and Somerset House.

Somerset House
________________________

WEEK 10
Monday: 
More Smocking, packed invitations, dyed gros grain and embroidered dungarees for an up and coming collaboration.

Tuesday: 
Smocking sampling, some 3D constructions for the show set and a trip to London Trimmings.

River Thames

Wednesday: 
Trimmed the embroidery on the dungarees, sampled constructions for 3D flowers, more work on 3D set pieces, dyed chord samples and paper pleating.

Thursday:
A lot more work on preparation for the set, a trip to London Trimmings for zips, then cut, steamed and rolled fabric for the pleaters, followed by a trup to Westfield London with Elsie, which was paradise!


Bubble on Southbank!

Friday: 
Collected an order from London Trimmings on my way tot work, dyed multiple zips and gros grains for the final looks.

Saturday:
More set preparation along with hand stitching on 3D flower pieces.

Old Spitalfield Markets

Sunday:
Dyed gros grain, some final checks on pieces for the set design and continued hand stitching 3D flower pieces.

So that's as far as we are now. Not going to lie, I'm exhausted already... another eight days to go til the show and it's only going to get more hectic. The adrenaline and excitement is keeping us all going and there's a great buzz in the studio. I really don't want to leave and I'm going to miss the team so much. My last day, is the day of the show, Monday the 21st and no doubt it will be a great way to climax my time in the Giles studio

View from the River Thames
________________________

As usual feel free to comment below and follow me on my other social media sights and give my Facebook Page a like: Barry Taylor Design.

Thanks,
Barry T.


Feel free to follow me on:
Twitter: Baarold
Instagram: barryt95
Tumblr: barryharryt
Pinterest: barryt95

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing My Store On RedBubble

London Life | The Official Move

Paris & London | A Month of Madness