Paris & London | A Month of Madness

The last you guys heard, I was in London for Fashion Week, well oh how things have changed...



PARIS SHOWROOM


Following London, I was at home for a week, before flying to Paris on the 28th of February for the ROKSANDA AW17 Sales week. I arrived in on the Tuesday night, just in time to finish out Pancake Tuesday with Katie and I had the next day to chill before starting the week in the showroom from the 2nd-10th of March.


It was a great (albeit hectic) week, doing anything from teas and coffees, to dressing the models, merchandising and greeting clients. Half way through the week in the showroom (6th of March to be precise), I had a follow up chat with Carmela the CEO, re: the interview I had in the ROKSANDA Head Office, back in February when I was in London *drum Roll please* and I got offered the job as Office Manager at ROKSANDA in London. To say that I was elated, would be an understatement, it didn't feel real, the thought of a permanent paid position in a high-end womenswear brand, is something I didn't think was within my grasp just yet. But one thing for sure, I would give everything to the role.

PARIS SHOWROOM

I then flew back to Dublin on the 10th of March and received my contract on the same day. It was time to start planning, house hunting, flight booking, opening bank accounts etc. A week passed and St. Patrick's Day was upon us, followed by my friend Meadbh's 21st the following night. The day after that I flew to London, to work at a VIP ROKSANDA Sample Sale, we spent Monday the 20th preparing and then the sale was on Tuesday the 21st. I flew home on Wednesday, after a few house viewings and popping into the bank.

 
MOUNT STREET | CHRISTOPHER KANE X BEAUTY & THE BEAST

I had a week and a half left at home at that point, so I made sure to squeeze in as many catch-ups and goodbyes as possible. From movie nights, to a few drinks with friends, a road trip to Dublin and a night out in Letterkenny and not to forget a family gathering or two before leaving. I always knew it would be hard to leave, this time more so than ever, as I don't have a return date (obviously I'll visit regularly, but at the moment, London is the foreseeable future). It's not even the place that I'll miss so much, just the people. My little cousins and my grandparents in particular. Obviously, I'll miss all my friends and family too (not to forget, my dance class) but they're much easier to contact on a regular basis). So of course, my last few days vanished in seconds and Friday the 31st arrived and it was time to board my 9th flight in 11 weeks. Here's to a new chapter.. or at least some new blog posts!

IRISH SUNSET

That's pretty much it for March, it was a mental one, life-changing to say the least, god I'm so cringy (cringy-er than usual, if I say so myself). Anyways, you know the deal by now, don't be afraid to drop a message, follow me on Bloglovin' or any of my social media sites.

HOME


Thanks,
Barry

Feel free to follow me on:
Twitter: Baarold
Instagram: barryt95
Tumblr: barryharryt
Pinterest: barryt95

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing My Store On RedBubble

London Life | The Official Move