London Life: Week 3 - The One When I Got Just A Little Jealous

A quarter of the way through this experience already and it's been a blur, I feel like I've only been here a few days but it's been nearly a month!

Monday:

So the week began with usual morning routines followed by more embroidery, beginning a new sample for SS16. After that, I delivered a package to Sibling International and cut and notched some patterns with Shannon. Later on, I pieced together more of the large pattern print outs, I think it's become 'my job'. Then I experienced my first moment of jealousy, so the dress that Solange Knowles wore to the Met Gala Ball had been hanging on the rail beside our table for a few days, so it was definitely going to have to be brought somewhere and turns out it's destination was within London which would mean that an intern would more than likely get to deliver it, I was praying for it to me, but unfortunately it was't, bad buzz.

The London Eye

Tuesday:

Tuesday was quiet, just consisting of more embroidery and notching patterns along with sewing GILES labels onto some AW hats from the archive.


The Changing of the Guard

Wednesday:

Half way through the week, we did more embroidery as well as sewing and attaching elastic to AW collars and cuffs. After that I had to deliver a letter to a casting agency along with some more pattern cutting. The 'Solange' dress returned.

Westminster Abbey

Thursday:

Thursday we did more embroidery, but more importantly the main event of jealousy occurred. Shannon (one of the interns who started the same day as me) got to bring garments to the X Factor Auditions at the Wembley Arena, now for those of you who know me, you realise why this is a big deal. I'm obsessed with X Factor and I had been trying to get tickets to go watch the auditions but long story short, I couldn't go. We can only assume that the clothes were for Rita Ora, as she is well known for wearing Giles, it was such a surreal experience, even if we weren't as involved as others. Meanwhile, I was fabric shopping, so much better right? After a few unsuccessful trips, I finally got what we needed and headed back to studio, finishing the day off with some more embroidery.

The Victoria Memorial

Friday:

Last day of week 3 in studio, we did some more embroidery and rearranged part of the studio to accommodate for a wedding dress that's in production. After that I did another trip to the fabric shop as well as pack up some garments to be shipped to New York. Of course, how could I finish the week without piecing together a few more paper print outs of the large placement patterns, my speciality. Later on, on Friday night I met my Mam in Paddington station and brought her back to the apartment for a weekend of stereotypical, yet enjoyable sightseeing.

Big Ben

Saturday:

So the weekend of sightseeing began with making the trip into St. James's Park to see the changing of the guards at 11.15am. After this we walked through the park to Downing Street, which unfortunately we looked at through the gate and not from the door step. From there, we went on to Westminster to see the mighty Big Ben, Westminster Palace and Westminster Abbey, then walking along the Thames in front of the London Eye til we reached Trafalgar Square, where we stopped for lunch in Garfunkels. I opted for the very traditional and recommended fish and chips. After the refuelling, we ventured on to Leicester Square, Piccadilly Circus, through Soho and onto Oxford Street, because what would a day be without some retail therapy. Shortly after six, we got the tube from Oxford Circus to Charring Cross, where we made our way to the Lyceum Theatre, to see the one and only 'Lion King'. A personal childhood favourite, I had been waiting for this moment for quite some time. Such an overwhelming performance right from the get go. With classic songs like 'Circle Life', 'Hakuna Matata', 'Can You Feel The Love Tonight', 'I Just Can't Wait To Be King' and "They Live In You' it was undoubtedly an emotional and unforgettable experience. I can safely say we were both very tired after a long day of adventuring.

Buckingham Palace

Sunday:

Sunday, of course began with my routine lie in, in case ye haven't realised I like routines. We got up, ate breakfast and made our way to the Tower of London, as it was one of the tours Mam was quite interested in doing on her visits. Over four hours later, we had seen the Crown Jewels, been in the White Tower and made our way around the Wall Walks. I then brought Mam up to the Brick Lane Markets, where we did a bit of shopping and finished the day off with some dinner.

Piccadilly Circus

That's pretty much it for this week, hope you enjoyed the post and as always feedback is welcome. All the photos above, I have taken myself and you can find more on my Instagram - barryt95. I hope to do a post with my favourite collections from Milan, Paris and New York Menswear Fashion Week, so keep an eye out for that!

Thanks,
Barry T.


Feel free to follow me on:
Twitter: Baarold
Instagram: barryt95
Tumblr: barryharryt
Pinterest: barryt95

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing My Store On RedBubble

London Life | The Official Move

Paris & London | A Month of Madness