London Life: Week 4 - Cutting Lace, A Wedding Dress and Meeting Marcus Butler

This week felt super short, I took Monday off from work as Mam wasn't flying back til Monday night. So I decided I might as well make the most of the time I had with her here, which resulted in a Tuesday that felt like a Monday, and a very short four days at work.

Monday:

So on Monday our tourist adventure continued and we went to see the All England Lawn Tennis Club, more commonly know as Wimbledon. The tour included a pretty impressive museum as well as an hour and a half long tour around the grounds, seeing familiar sights from TV, such as Centre Court and Court 1, as well as Henman Hill and the Press Interview Room. A really worth while trip, for anyone remotely interested in tennis. We then made our way back to the apartment and said our goodbyes ending a lovely weekend of adventures.

Centre Court - under some maintenance

Tuesday:

Tuesday I was more than happy to go back to work. Work isn't really 'work' when you enjoy it so much. Back to more embroidery and a quick fabric shopping trip. After that I packed up a box with a hat and a variety of feather samples to be sent away. Then myself and Shannon got to make the trip to Sienna Couture, in Battersea with some Spring Summer 15 pieces and the matching rolls of fabric. When we got back we went for lunch and finished the day with more embroidery.

Wednesday:

Wednesday started with more embroidery and two trips to Forma Leather, first time with the patterns and the second time with the leather. After that, we were given a new task of cutting out small lace pieces, removing the netting from the lace to outline the lace imagery, which was for a couture wedding dress. Later on, I posted some letters and went for lunch. After lunch, we moved on to bigger pieces of lace for the wedding dress, I must admit, I wasn't coping extremely well with it, like I could complete the task fine, but the fragility and delicate nature of the lace was stressing me out a little.

Mid Week Treat from Motoyogo in Spitalfields Market

Thursday:

We carried on with cutting the lace on Thursday and I was dealing with it a bit better. After that, I started a new embroidery piece, which I plan to make completely with beading. This was followed with more lace cutting and then lunch. The most dramatic lunch break so far. So there we were in Spitalfield Markets, minding our own business, eating our lunch. When I noticed a lot of smoke coming out of one of the pizza vans, the owner was standing in front of the van chatting, oblivious to the increase in smoke. Then I noticed the flames. I jumped up and ran over to tell him, which resulted in him stamping the fire out. He didn't even thank me. The ignorance.

Friday:

I continued with my beaded embroidery on Friday as well as some other simple errands.  I tacked a sheet of plastic onto newly embellished fabric which had resurfaced from the archive from 2008, I think. The plastic was to prevent the embellishments from marking each other when the garment was being sewn. We had to unpack a delivery from Italy, which appeared to have most of the garments from all of this year's collections. The bride-to-be came to try on the wedding dress and obviously we didn't get to see it, but by the sounds of things she was very happy. It was crazy to think, that we played a part in the making of this, undoubtedly very expensive dress. After that I had to clean some laser cut leather, thankfully it was only one piece. Sadly, this was Shannon's last day, so we decided to eat out for lunch, for the special occasion. When we got back from lunch, I brought leather to the laser cutters, to be cut and when I got back, I found out we were getting off an hour early. On the way home, I called into Hummingbird Bakery and got two delicious cupcakes for myself and Stacey, who was coming over for the weekend.

Blackbottom & Nutella from Hummingbird Bakery

Saturday:

Saturday morning, myself and Stacey got up and went to Piccadilly Circus, for Marcus Butler's book signing. For those of you who don't know, Marcus Butler, is a Youtuber that we both follow and he just brought out his first book 'Hello Life' which on first impressions, looks excellent. It covers topics such as healthy living, relationships, family and friend situations and how to get the life you want. We didn't get to spend much time with him, but we got a signed book and a few photos. It was very surreal, meeting someone that we're so used to seeing on a screen, in person. I freaked a little. After that we went to the Apple Store on Regent St. to get someone to look at my laptop which has caused nothing much trouble since I first got it, so I was put on the waiting list and had to return a few hours later. We spent the afternoon on Oxford St. and returned to the Apple Store when the time came, but I'm not going to get into that story right now. We then came back to the apartment, got ready and went to Eimear's house for her birthday celebrations. The Queen of Hoxton in Shoreditch was the venue for the night and we all had a really good night, Happy Birthday Eimear!

Meeting Marcus Butler!

Sunday:

Sunday was very chilled, we woke up very hungover and unfit to function so we took it easy for most of the day. We met Eimear in the evening for some sunbathing and ice creams and just chilled for the rest of the day.

Sun + Water + Ice Cream = How To Spend A Sunday

That's all for this week, as I said before it flew, four weeks done already and I feel like I'm living a dream. As always feedback is always welcome and feel free to follow me on my other social media sites, the links are below. Check out my new Facebook page: Barry Taylor Design and feel free to give it a like.


Thanks,
Barry T.


Feel free to follow me on:
Twitter: Baarold
Instagram: barryt95
Tumblr: barryharryt
Pinterest: barryt95

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing My Store On RedBubble

London Life | The Official Move

Paris & London | A Month of Madness